Sunday, April 20, 2014

Red Winged Blackbird


This image is for the blog challenge Take A Word.  This weeks word is Wings.  I had these red wings  for awhile and thought this was a great time to use them. I have been saving them for something dramatic - so here it is - my Red Winged Blackbird!

Model - http://cathleentarawhiti.deviantart.com/art/Witchy-Woman-161897305


Red Wings - 
http://saphica8.deviantart.com/art/Red-Wings-310049619

All other elements, BG, textures, trees, bird brushes and stuff - my collection.

14 comments:

  1. Your red-winged "blackbird" is superb, Jean. I love her amazing wings and her grungy, beautifully textured background. Splendiferous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post-apocalypse creature. Wonderful imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magic! Love the red wings against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So magic and gorgeous.

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark, dramatic and dreamy.....also very gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous pop of colour those wonderful red wings make, Jean. This is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is very well done-powerful and dark and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dark and mysterious, and perfect use for your glorious red wings, Jean. I'm so glad you've found our challenges. Your work is a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic background for the red winged lady, so dramatic and to the dark side.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I want to try those red wings on! Very dramatic and awesome use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous and a wonderful unique idea. I love your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very expressive effect, and very gothic pic! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete