Sunday, April 20, 2014

Red Winged Blackbird


This image is for the blog challenge Take A Word.  This weeks word is Wings.  I had these red wings  for awhile and thought this was a great time to use them. I have been saving them for something dramatic - so here it is - my Red Winged Blackbird!

Model - http://cathleentarawhiti.deviantart.com/art/Witchy-Woman-161897305


Red Wings - 
http://saphica8.deviantart.com/art/Red-Wings-310049619

All other elements, BG, textures, trees, bird brushes and stuff - my collection.

14 comments:

  1. Your red-winged "blackbird" is superb, Jean. I love her amazing wings and her grungy, beautifully textured background. Splendiferous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post-apocalypse creature. Wonderful imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magic! Love the red wings against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark, dramatic and dreamy.....also very gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous pop of colour those wonderful red wings make, Jean. This is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is very well done-powerful and dark and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dark and mysterious, and perfect use for your glorious red wings, Jean. I'm so glad you've found our challenges. Your work is a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic background for the red winged lady, so dramatic and to the dark side.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I want to try those red wings on! Very dramatic and awesome use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous and a wonderful unique idea. I love your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very expressive effect, and very gothic pic! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete