Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Conceptual Art Course







So Sebastian and Brooke Shaden are having a course on Conceptual Art and I thought I would take it.  It was not too expensive and I thought maybe it would jump start my creativity and help with my direction.  It is using Photoshop and I thought a good way to finally get into Photoshop rather than Elements.  I took to PS pretty well but was not loving making these images.  I find I like working on my iPad so much more.  It is more spontaneous and I create a much more artsy image.  These images I have made for the course are not bad - nothing earth shattering and to me boring.  I think I try too hard in PS where as on the iPad I am jumping from app to app and in iColorama overlaying images like crazy.  To me a much more fun way to work.

So where does that leave me??  I sure do not want to recreate work that looks like Brooke's.  I love the freedom of my iPad and usually the images I create.  So where does that leave me????  I think I should do what I am happy doing.  Who am I trying to impress??  I know I do get caught up in likes and all that but really why??  I am not selling stuff just trying to make a nice image and please me.  I also want to play more with my camera so I guess I will stick with the iPad for now - but am I wimping out?????? 


No comments:

Post a Comment