Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Skid Row Madonna


Skid Row Madonna -  I loved making this image.  It was from an original B&W and it has so many layers and crazy blending modes – that is how I got the coloring and lighting.  I removed a lot and added some other things. And yes I did want that red band of paint going over the woman’s head. I always compare my newest work to what I have already done and I think this is my best piece yet. I try to zero in on what I want to be the main focus and work around that.  I also like to tell a story while keeping the focus on the image. I used to be in such a hurry to finish an image but not anymore - I like to work, add different elements and try different things until I get it just right or I think I have it just right! Below is the original image I worked from and a link to it on Flickr.


Original Image from Flickr  - Jeffrey
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb912/7011218065/sizes/l/

No comments:

Post a Comment